"Fear is incomplete knowledge" - Agatha Christie
At Gentle Childbirth Services we believe the more you know about childbirth, the less you fear and the more confident you become. We love helping to equip expectant couples with the knowledge they need for pregnancy, labor, birth, and postpartum!
We have put together and exciting, fun, and fast paced childbirth course for you and your partner to get all the tools you need to build your confidence, put aside fear and doubt, and eagerly anticipate the wonderful day you will meet you baby!
Here are a few things you will learn:
- Is it real labor or false? How to know when to go to the hospital
- What to expect from each stage of labor
- How to successfully cope with labor from beginning to end without pain medication
- What pain medications are available and the pros vs cons
- Routine interventions and policies at area hospitals
- Rebozo (a traditional Mexican shawl)- how to use it to alleviate pregnancy discomforts and aid labor
- Writing your own birth plan
- Communicating effectively with your doctor and hospital staff and partner
- Fun role playing games
- Postpartum recovery and breastfeeding
- Hands on labor practice between you and your partner in every class
- Fun, educational videos
- Make new friends, be encouraged, and leave confident in yourself that you are ready for Birth Day!
Just the basics - a single 6-hour condensed childbirth course: Saturday, February 17, 2018
Where - St. Vincent's Hospital Main campus - 4th Floor of Women's and Children's Center
Just the Basics class: $200 per couple
$50 non-refundable deposit to reserve your space. Balance due at beginning of class.
Fill out the form below to register!
After you submit, send your $50 non-refundable deposit via PayPal to email@example.com. Please pay your balance via cash or check to the instructor at the first class.
*This is an HSA/FSA allowable expense. Please notify us if you need a receipt for reimbursement.